Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Howdy

Again, long time, no blog.

Part of the reason is that I've been trying to get my Ravelry account up and running. The other part of the reason is that I've had a few knitting deadlines to reach, which has become infinitely harder since the wee one joined our happy little family.

Anyway here's something...

Kate Gilbert's Peapod jacket from Knitting Daily done in cheapo Plymouth Encore DK (which I've found washes really well) for a friend's one year old.

This was a bit of a Nordic Saga of a knit. I started it when the in-laws were here. I even did a swatch for gauge, which I don't always do. Well, none of the measurements were working out, but instead of starting again, I thought I could fudge my way through it. Which didn't work particularly well, but I've never let that stop me. By the time I put it all together it was some sort of Frankenstein's monster knit. It was at this point that I discovered I was using the wrong needle size. Oops.

So I knit the stupid thing again, and managed to have it finished in time for the birthday party with about two minutes to spare.

It worked out well, so well in fact, that I've now started a third one, this time in Knitpicks Shine, and it's working out pretty nicely.

I'm off to watch Kitchen Nightmares. I love Gordon Ramsey.

No comments: