Saturday, February 7, 2009

Babette for Ariane





This was a very quick,little knit for Ariane. It took only 2 and a half days from start to finish and is really just a little raglan jumper with a (slightly) fancy bottom. The real event is the yarn, which it's very hard to capture in a photo using the light available in our flat.




This photo does it no justice at all. It's Lambs Pride Superwash in Mysterious Fuchsia - a beautiful heathery damson purple. I bought two skeins of it ages ago with the intention of a jumper for Ariane. With the rate she's growing, I figured I'd better get a move on before I didn't have enough yarn to fit her. As it was, I only just managed it. I knit the 6 month width, but the two year old lengths, and although it fits her well, the length is a close-run thing. She must take after her Dad in the long, thin stakes.

In other news, I just listened to a very interesting Radio 4 programme about the Harris Tweed industry. Perhaps 'industry' is the wrong term to use in conjunction with such a culturally and historically rich fabric. I remember vaguely hearing a little about the controversies that have been going on about it's production and sales, but I had no idea how interesting the political machinations were.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to more frequent posts. The jumper is lovely...

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to more frequent posts. The jumper is lovely...