Monday, January 28, 2008

Blogger sucked my brain

Blogger just tried to steal my blog away from me...might be time to actually think about paying to blog.

Anyway, long time, no writey. There's been no reason, just a confluence of circumstance. First, my book group was reading what can only be described as a weighty tome, which took a lot of time to get through, even if it was enjoyable. Then, my birthday present finally arrived, a Kindle, so I've been spending a lot of time downloading crappy novels and having a great time reading them. I know that the Kindle is only going to get better over time, and that it would have been better to wait until the second generation of them, but they're SOOOOO cool. I also know that there are folks who have real difficulty about the DRM issue, but it doesn't bother me so much. I'll still fork out the big bucks for the books I really want to handle and keep, and the Kindle will be for all the crap (I am a big fan of trash).



A finished object from Bernat, and I love it. It's the very first colourwork I've ever done, and I'm a bit hooked. F is a bit ungrateful about it, because "It's scratchy", but he'll wear it anyway, by God. I'm just getting geared up for the Feb installment of my sock group on Ravelry. Socks for R. In the meantime, I'm doing some toe-up socks for myself - my very first ones.

No comments: