Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hurrah for Sleep

We're getting to the point where I can (almost) confidently declare that the littlest family member is sleeping a more reasonable amount of the night. Some mornings we even get through to 6am. With this Great Leap Forward, I find that I'm feeling alternately a lot more human/craving even more sleep. The best part of all, is that R and I have decamped to the spare room, so we can read at night again. I'd forgotten how much I really love to read. Believe me, the quality of the reading material does not matter in the slightest. I've downloaded Barack Obama's book to the Kindle, but I find myself gravitating towards crappy, trashy bestsellers.

The boy F had his birthday the other week. We got him bike, and he now seems a little less like a really wee boy. It brought a motherly tear to my eye to see him take off down the garden path on his new acquisition, and it takes a lot for that to happen!

He also had his first real injury, and I was surprised it was related to plain old clumsiness, not the bike. He tripped over a rug in the sitting room and gashed his forehead. He had a couple of staples put in to close it up, and had a sore neck for a couple of days. He must have hit the table leg really hard. Anyway, he's fine now, and he even had the staples taken out today, so hopefully it'll be nothing but a bad memory soon.

Onto knitting.

I started this cardigan (Sirdar leaflet 1752 for Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK) for A just after Xmas. The pattern and the yarn were a gift from my mother for Xmas. I loved the yarn, as I seem to love all bamboo yarn. Unfortunately the pattern had to be pieced together. Seaming is not my strong point. I should have just converted it to be seamless, but I was impatient to get going on it. Suffice to say, A will not be phased by the crappy seaming, but I am. To the point that I want to try and find a seaming class to go to some time this year before we leave for the old country and the knitting hinterland.



And then for the heck of it, I made a few dishcloths.


No comments: