Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lurgy

Well, that was a long hiatus. As the title suggests, illness descended on the household, particularly me and the little one. It really knocked us both out for a couple of weeks. Then, more pleasantly, we went on vacation to Big Bear for a week. It was lovely. Oh, how I wish we could live in a place like that. Of course, it's nice to visit and a whole other kettle of fish to live there full time.



I managed to finish some knitting, though. Firstly, the ubiquitous Hemlock Ring Blanket. It's a very belated present for my sister who turned 40 (!) in December.



Then, something for me. Coriolus socks . I enjoyed the construction of them. I made a bad, bad yarn choice though. I thought I'd try Berrocco Comfort DK. Far too splity and soft. Still, I'd redo the pattern in something more suitable, although I'm not too fond of sport-weight socks.



I have about a million different things on the needles right now, and I really need to finish some more stuff. That's all for now.

No comments: