Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Force of Nature

So, someone in the house (me) thought that it would be a good idea if the kids learned to share a bedroom. Currently, we have 3 rooms, but I'm thinking of our move back to Scotland. Property prices there continue to be insane, so we might find ourselves in close quarters for a while. So when A began to sleep through the night, the countdown to Sharing: A New Beginning started.

It's now ten long, long, nights since we started. R and I agree that it could have been much, much worse. The problem is that either one or the other of them wake up at some horrendously early time, then that's us for the day. We've been up before 5am every morning. I hate mornings. I am also famous for the declaration that "I need at least 9 hours of sleep every night". This is hard work, but I'm determined to stick with it.

This is all a roundabout way of explaining why there are no pictures in this post. I conducted a very special photo session on the sitting-room rug on Sunday. It was to be a true confession of all my recently cast-on projects which I really mean to finish, but, well, I don't. Unfortunately, part of the deal about Sharing: A New Beginning was that F got a clip-on book light so he could read in bed while A slept. The book light takes the same rechargeable batteries as the camera. We have managed to find the book light in various positions at night after F has fallen asleep, most notably hinged around his jaw like a flip phone. As you can imagine, this is all rather hard on batteries,which invariably get transferred into the book light. Keeping F sweet on the room sharing deal easily trumps blogging. Sorry.

Still, I've done a bit of knitting. This is my new favourite sock pattern, primarily because it's somewhat mindless (apart from the heel), and it uses sport weight yarn, so it goes quickly. Both things are appreciated by my sleep-deprived brain. I'll post pics next time.

No comments: