Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DOH

I am without doubt the stupidest person in the known universe at times. Of course, at other times I marvel at my great intelligence (hmmm...). Last night I attempted to start another hemlock ring blanket for my mother-in-law this time. It's her 60th birthday in September. Anyway, having already done one of these I felt I would be an old pro at it. Hah. For some reason, Round 14 totally threw me. I just couldn't get it to work, no matter what I did. So this morning I tried again. Same problem. It's only this afternoon that I realised I was trying to overthink the directions, and that the pattern contains instructions for something I was already doing automatically. I was trying to increase and then add extra stitches because I wasn't thinking about the pattern properly. I'm off to start (yet) again.

It really is the season of socks.



I came clean to my mum about the sock yarn scarf of the last post, and she expressed an interest in it, so off to Scotland it goes.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Thanks for commenting on the YouTube video - I lost your blog when my pc crashed and it's nice to get you back. I l-o-v-e your mother's Noro socks: the colours are just wonderful. Cool scarf too :)