Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Guilty Little (Not really) Secret

So a few weeks ago, I went over to the dark side and bought myself a beginning spindle kit from Ashford. I've been taking my time teaching my hands what to do, and I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. A while ago I managed to spin my first kind of usable yarn, so I decided to make this:



It's a little scarf, with a very simple stitch pattern, but I feel so proud of it. I was so taken with it, that I immediately began another project with some other stuff I managed to crank out. This was older, and therefore much more uneven (and trust me, the scarf yarn is still pretty thick and thin), but it was the first two-ply I ever made. It going to be the warmest hat in the world for A. I don't know if I even have enough to finish, but it's fun to try. Photos will come later, if I manage to finish it today.

No comments: